Friday, July 18, 2008

The Truth



Hosea 4:6 The Lord says: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."

It is very important for Christians to be on guard at all times and to be knowledgeable of the Bible! Oprah, who calls herself a "free-thinking-Christian" (by the way - what is a free thinking Christian?), quotes certain verses from the Bible to make her teaching sound legitimate and to convey her fans to follow. For Christians who know nothing or know very little about the Bible, then yes, Oprah's teaching may sound like the real thing, but it's not!

If we are not equipped with what the Bible says, we can easily fall for the false doctrines that are popping up everywhere these days. These are the exact same things Jesus warned us about for the latter days.

Oprah's teaching promotes "self" (i.e. "salvation comes from me", "I am the source of energy", "knowing who you are will set you free", "I am the light", and that Jesus is just a messenger, etc.). Oprah's teaching is based on the newly released book titled New Earth: “Awakening to Your Life's Purpose” by Eckhart Tolle. It is different than what the Bible teaches. God doesn't like arrogance, He wants us to be humble and be obedient to His Word!

Matthew 5:19 "Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Luke 9:23 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

John 14:6 "I Am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Luke 9:26 "If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels."
As followers of Jesus, we need to do our part. We cannot continue to be just 'listeners', we need to be 'doers'. It has been a slow-fade for years, and now it is upon us, however, it is not too late; we can still make a difference by spreading the "truth"! Salvation comes only through Jesus. Those who look to other ways to find God will not succeed because they want to find God on their own terms.

I happen to mention "Oprah", but there are many other Christians out there who are coming up with new doctrines everyday that are not according to God's Word. As true followers of Christ, we need to be aware of these things so we don't get sucked into the devil's trap.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"

God Bless,
Lucine

4 comments:

Daylight said...

Hey pretty lady!! I love this blog. It's so true. The world wants to cling to anything that feeds their inner cravings.

Jesus is the way!!

RODRIGUEZ said...

My daughter was 23 on July 15. She had chosen a really hard life for herself as a result of some abuse in her childhood. She is trying hard now but really struggles at times. I told her to read Psalm 23 and meditate on it for guidance. Then I read your post on 7-15. I shared it with her she was encouraged. THANKS!

For His Glory said...

Blessings to you Rodriguez,

God is good! When God sees that we are ready to make a change by searching and sumbitting ourselves to Him, He reaches out and directs us to a verse in the Bible or a person that could minister to us.

I am glad your daughter found encouragement in Psalm 23. The glory is His! I'll keep your daughter in my prayers.

God Bless,

For His Glory said...

Dearest Amber Rose,
Thanks for submitting my very first "comment" (hahaha); it was encouraging. Love ya lots!

Yeap, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!!!